Back to all jobs
Are you an accounting professional looking for your next career move? Look no further! Palmer Group has partnered with this established financial client to fill the Accountant – Financial Reporting position. In this role, you will maintain monthly and annual reporting, consolidate the chart of accounts and intercompany rollup, and annual license renewals. If this opportunity interests you and you meet the qualifications listed below, apply today!
- Manage and assemble monthly financials, AJE, schedules, and ad-hoc financial reports
- Uphold bank and trust relationships, access, ACH, and wires
- Maintain the annual filing calendar, procedures, and digital document repository
- Prepare, verify, or approve statutory annual reports and license renewals
- Oversee annual statutory and financial audits
- Prepare reporting for the monthly board deck, FP&A, audit, and external tax consultants.
- Support the operational accounting team by providing review, approval, and monthly internal controls monitoring
- Review and oversee financial policy, review, approve and maintain financial procedures and the accounting manual
- Accounting degree or comparable work experience
- CPA, MBA, or experience in loan system financial reporting, with expert experience in Microsoft Excel
- 10+ years of financial accounting, paralegal, legal, or financial technology project management experience
- 5+ years of experience with monthly reporting, audit, or financial quality assurance in the lending industry.
- Experience with financial industry accounting concepts such as ASC 310 and CECL/ALLL, right of use, loan accrual accounting, finance PV, rate and term functions
- Knowledge of consumer lending, banking, investments, securitization, or multistate licensing
- Background in maintaining charts of accounts, standard and exception entries, financial processes, and procedures.
- Familiar with Microsoft power-stack financial technology skills such as Excel, PowerBI, and Dynamics/Business Central, enhance, design, and develop the company’s monthly reporting package.
- Understanding of Dynamics 365 / Business Central or familiar with Great Plains, data coding (VB, SQL, PowerQuery, JS, Python, SAS)
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266