Palmer Group is partnering with our client in the search for an Accounts Payable Clerk. This person will assist the accounting department with basic duties, including general ledger and inventory maintenance. If you are looking for a great foot-in-the-door opportunity to launch your accounting career, apply today!
- Code documents according to company procedures
- Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records to assess accuracy, completeness, and accordance with reporting and procedural standards
- Match receiving forms with invoices and record necessary information
- Perform general clerical duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence
- Perform financial calculations such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, and discounts
- Assist with computing taxes owed and preparing tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, or other tax requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of related accounting experience
- Experience working in the manufacturing industry is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of personal computers in a Windows environment, including Excel, Word, and various Windows-based programs
- Experience with AS/400 or NetSuite is preferred
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.