Attention financial professionals! We are recruiting for our Des Moines area financial client’s open Accounts Payable Clerk role. Ideal candidates will have entry-level accounting experience and understand general account receivable functions. You will perform various clerk functions in this position involving receivable accounts and other projects as needed. If you want to perform non-repetitive tasks while simultaneously expanding your experience, we welcome you to apply!
- Ensure cash received is recorded and deposited
- Download lockbox and customer portal files into the operating system
- Work with appropriate entities to correctly process items included in automatic files
- Record cash activity in/out in the primary ledger
- Balance the batches and transmit files to the bank
- Assist internal and external customers in research of cash activity
- Investigate misapplied funds, unapplied cash, and adjustments
- Make appropriate corrections to accounts
- Research and clear cash reconciling items
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of working experience, ideally within Accounts Receivable
- Associates degree (or equivalent work experience) required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Basic understanding of MS Excel
- Focused on gathering, entering, filing, and archiving financial data
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge
- Must have the ability to communicate, written and verbally, with other members of the team and with clients/prospective clients
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle and organize multiple projects and deadlines
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.
Palmer Group offers our valued temporary and contract employees, Health, Dental and Vision insurance on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment. These plans are fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act standards. Click here for a complete list of Palmer Group’s benefits, or contact your Palmer Group representative to learn more.
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266