A growing Des Moines-based company is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for its West Des Moines, Iowa headquarters. This position reports to the Assistant Controller. This company thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced, can-do environment. To be successful in this role, you must have a sense of urgency, be able to work in a deadline-oriented environment, be a highly organized self-starter, and be a team player. Apply today to be considered!
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer transactions related to accounts receivable
- Perform research regarding customer discrepancies, post Chargebacks/NSFs, and assist with the subsequent collection
- Aid in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger
- Reconcile sales reports to bank deposits and documents discrepancies daily
- Communicate all missed deposits and discrepancies to proper store personnel and collaborate with stores to resolve variances
- Help the Assistant Controller with bank reconciliations each month
- Copy, file, and gather materials for accounts receivable as necessary
- Impart changes of information to appropriate employees
- Two-year degree
- 1+ years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve
- Experience with data solving
- Excellent typing skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word
- Previous experience with accounting software such as Peachtree or BusinessWorks
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic environment
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.
Palmer Group offers our valued temporary and contract employees, Health, Dental and Vision insurance on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment. These plans are fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act standards. Click here for a complete list of Palmer Group’s benefits, or contact your Palmer Group representative to learn more.
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266