Palmer Group is partnering with a well-established organization to search for an Assistant Controller. We are searching for a candidate who is a natural leader who can bring 7+ years of experience. This company is growing and wants the individual in this role to grow with them. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet the requirements listed below, we would like to discuss this opportunity with you!
- Review and manage the preparation of key close and reporting schedules on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Manage the preparation of the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows, ensuring proper presentation and accuracy through the development of processes to review trial balances and variance analysis during the closing process
- Lead efforts to further develop the company’s consolidation process and accounting policies to enable timely and accurate reporting
- Oversee the monthly consolidation process and review intercompany elimination entries while maintaining thorough and detailed documentation
- Manage various processes and governance related to the core global accounting system: chart of accounts, foreign currency tables and translations, legal entity setup and maintenance, consolidations process, and consolidated reporting
- Manage, own, and maintain multiple ledgers and hierarchies for reporting at different levels, working with stakeholders on key projects in these areas
- Lead annual budgeting process and proactively help consolidate global budgets, including periodic projection updates throughout the year
- Leverage prior organizational experience to identify and drive process improvement to develop the team and drive efficient and effective processes
- Identify, initiate, and execute process documentation and improvements to improve team and cross-departmental efficiencies
- Develop employees through performance management, goal setting, continual training, and the maintenance of trusting working relationships
- Supervise employees, including selection, training, performance appraisal, and work allocation
- Serve as the main point of contact for external auditors related to the financial statement audit, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries
- Lead, guide, and structure projects involving diverse stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field, with 7+ years of audit and/or financial accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 2+ years of recent experience as an Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or comparable work experience while supervising others
- Strong leadership skills, including the willingness and ability to lead people through significant change
- Expert knowledge and use of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience working within ERP systems with demonstrated ability to learn new systems and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and maintain complex accounting systems.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work with a variety of individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.