Palmer Group is partnering with a well-established organization to search for a Billing and Credentialing Specialist. We are searching for a candidate that is a natural leader and can bring 2+ years of experience to the table. This company is growing and wants the individual in this role to grow with them. If this background pertains to your experience, we would like to discuss this opportunity with you!
- Obtain pre-authorizations for covered facilities, initiates client billing and CPT coding, and submit insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies
- Process new claims, corrected claims, and appeals
- Respond to denials and questions and resolves issues promptly to ensure client and office practice satisfaction
- Work in claims and claim denials to ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided
- Prepare and transmit claims using software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Post charges and submits claims to payers within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Follow established billing policies, procedures, and regulations in compliance with HIPAA and Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance payers
- Verify insurance payments and client accounts for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Contact insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments
- Generate regular revenue and billing chart audits for quality control, accuracy, and completeness
- Identify applicable billing for secondary or tertiary insurance
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent
- 2+ years of medical billing and credentialing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.