Palmer Group is hiring for a Commercial & Ag Lender. In this position, you will be a specialist in generating quality Ag and Commercial loans as well as building full relationships with clients that include referrals for other Bank products and services. This role plays a pivotal part in growing and maintaining the bank’s portfolio and will make efforts to be a part of and improve the community in which they reside. If this interests you, apply today to learn more!
- Manage an agriculture and commercial loan portfolio
- Build and maintain strong relationships with ag and commercial clients, fostering business growth and client retention within the Southeast Iowa Region
- Oversee ag and commercial lending activities including loan origination, underwriting, and portfolio management
- Manage an ag and commercial loan portfolio with total outstanding balance of $10 to $30 million and manage 20-40 client relationships
- Meet with clients to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals
- Develop relationships with various community and professional organizations to further enhance the bank’s image and develop additional business or promote additional bank services
- Approve loans within specified limits and refer loan applications outside those limits to management for approval
- Bachelor’s degree in ag business, finance, economics, or related field with relevant work experience
- Relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Strong Agriculture background preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of lending and banking experience
- Ideal candidates will have some banking experience, credit analysis or underwriting experience, and/or proven sales experience.
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.