Palmer Group is partnering with our client to find a Director of Accounting. This individual will be responsible for directing the financial functions of the corporation. This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of accounting and oversees posting, verifying, and reconciling accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses, or other ledger accounts. If you are an experienced financial professional, apply today to be considered!
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities
- Prepare monthly balance sheets, income statements, and other financial reports
- Work with the Budget Committee Chair on preparation, meeting coordination, and documentation
- Optimize handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department
- Maintain the general ledger, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books
- Reconcile accounts monthly, verify deposits, and address inquiries from banks
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3+ years of accounting experience
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266