Are you looking for rewarding work and the opportunity to make a difference in your community while using your gifts and talents? Our client needs a Director of Development to execute successful projects. Those qualified will have prior related experience, be highly detail-oriented, and have a proactive approach to their work style.
Director of Development
Plan and execute resource development strategies and monitor progress against goals with focus on Events, Raiser’s Edge (Database), Young Professionals, and Individual Major Gifts. Develop and implement a fundraising plan for these areas to meet operating budget needs on an annual basis as well as long term. Manage the team responsible for these areas. Manage volunteer leaders that serve on committees and councils that support these efforts as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
· Provide strategy, direction and oversight in events, Young Professionals, and individual major gifts to reach development goals and strategies.
· Manage the daily activities of implementation of the development plan around events, Young Professionals, and individual major gifts.
· Develop fundraising strategies that align cash inflows and outflows to minimize financing of working capital.
· Manage and report pledge receivable status and minimize collection timing and write-offs as it pertains to special events and individual giving.
· Lead and manage development staff for events, donor stewardship, and annual fund giving.
· Work with the Vice President of Development to develop a comprehensive annual fundraising plan to support operating budget and annual cash requirements.
· Provide oversight to staff that research and identify high net worth individuals and event sponsors to cultivate, solicit and steward.
· Work with Vice President of Development to establish forecasts and prepare evaluations of fundraising potential for development activities by identifying and rating prospects, with special attention given to those prospects having the highest potential.
Individual Major Gifts/Annual Fund
· Responsible for the successful identification, solicitation, and closing of all individual major gifts using an agreed upon strategy.
· Work with the leadership to plan, arrange and organize strategies for board members to participate in solicitation of major donors.
· Work closely with CEO, VP of Development and Board Members to ensure donor relationships are managed and leveraged effectively to increase the likelihood of giving.
· Create giving programs to ensure highly effective annual programs including monthly giving and giving societies.
· Develop and execute a plan to expand overall fundraising efforts to help build individual major gift pipeline.
· Ensure best strategies for donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition are being implemented to increase giving.
Serve on Database Team
· Serve on the team that oversees the Raiser’s Edge Database for the organization.
· Work closely with Finance year-round to reconcile Raiser’s Edge and Finance weekly, monthly and yearly.
· Ensure that database manager is processing and tracking all donor pledges and payments.
· Work with database manager to make sure that acknowledgement letters to donors are generated in a timely manner.
· Oversee staff responsible for the successful implementation of key events for BGCGH.
· Ensure events are engaging to participants and result in growth of overall event revenue.
· Ensure events meet revenue goals and expense budgets.
· Work with event staff to recruit business sponsors to generate event revenue, including maintaining existing sponsors and attracting new sponsors.
· Work with event staff to cultivate event attendees to move them from event only donors to organizational donors.
Manage Leadership Volunteers
· Provide oversight and direction for leadership volunteers supporting development efforts including special event committees, and area councils
· Recruit chairs and committee members for each area
· Clearly define roles and responsibilities of each committee
· Responsible for one of three area Councils: Galveston, Wharton and Ft. Bend
Young Professionals (YP) Group
· Work with YP Board Chair to develop and implement a year-round strategy.
· Plan and implement board meetings, events, and volunteer opportunities for YP Board and members.
· Identify ways to enhance overall YP experience, which includes, but is not limited to events, volunteer opportunities, fundraising, and membership growth.
Areas of Responsibility/Oversight of staff who perform the following functions:
· Stewardship plan and implementation.
· Volunteer management oversight – specifically as it relates to events, young professionals program and individual major gifts.
· Special Event oversight – planning, coordination and implementation.
· Maintain and utilize the Raisers Edge donor database software fully.
· Manage administrative and operational systems and duties to:
· Track fundraising income and other development reports
· Recognize contributions with acknowledgement letters and special recognition events
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· Seven plus years proven experience in resource development – including grant writing, reporting, major gift solicitation and fundraising event planning.
· Three to five years experience managing a development team.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
· Knowledge of how to manage multiple fundraising projects, events and campaigns.
· Tangible experience of successfully soliciting large grants, major donations and cultivating existing donor relationships over time.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and execute successful projects.