We are assisting a local construction company in their search for an experienced Senior Estimator. Reporting directly to the director of pre-construction and overseeing a team of estimators, this candidate will prepare cost estimates for construction projects to aid management in bidding or determining the price of a construction project using historical company data and current market pricing. Excellent benefits and salaries are being offered, so please apply today if you believe you are the right fit!
- Explore documentation to understand the project requirements
- Solicit, analyze, and organize bids from subcontractors and suppliers, accurately transferring that information into a proposal package
- Visit job sites and other venues necessary to do the estimate
- Create and present reports to upper management
- Track actual cost relative to bids as the project develops to improve future bid packages
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key vendors
- Bachelor’s in engineering, construction science, or similar relevant field
- Previous work experience as a Construction Estimator for 5+ years
- Excellent understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs
- Good time-management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with Sage estimating software, a plus
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Eric Peterson at (515) 225-7000 or email Eric at firstname.lastname@example.org.