The Manager of Statutory Reporting and Accounting will compile and review statutory-basis filings and related supporting documentation in addition to maintaining and improving existing statutory reporting processes and controls. Our publicly-traded, long-time client operates three insurance companies from their headquarters in West Des Moines.
- Manage the preparation and review of quarterly and annual statutory financial statements
- Direct the work of multiple Accounting team members for the completion of regular accounting and reporting tasks
- Perform analysis of statutory balances in conjunction with quarterly and annual reporting processes
- Prepare and/or review audited financial statements and coordinate with external auditor to provide documentation and support as necessary
- Review account reconciliations and validate balances from subsidiary reports to the ledger for statutory reporting
- Prepare and/or review journal entries, various work papers, and statutory filings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or financial reporting roles
- Experience in the life insurance industry and statutory financial reporting required
- CPA Preferred
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.