Sales & Marketing
Our client is searching for a Proposal Writer who has experience developing Requests for Information (RFI’s)/Request For Proposal (RFP’s) responses, bid defense support, and other sales support activities. The ideal candidate for this newly created role will have experience navigating procurement processes in the K-12 education market.
- Focus on writing content development as sales tools and support activities for business development and revenue generation functions
- Write and edit marketing and sales savvy content that delivers a solution aligned to client needs and leads to successfully closed sales opportunities and revenue
- Analyze RFP requirements, assemble an appropriate response team, and allocate team resources, delegating responsibilities to ensure that the response is submitted by the deadline
- Establish project milestones, production schedules, assignments, and deliverables, scheduling and facilitating meetings based on the requirements and specified due dates
- Develop and maintain the proposal content library and a database of information that can be used across RFPs to support future responses
- Interview technical experts and operational resources to gather the information that supports proposal development and transforms that information into clear, concise, compelling proposal text
- Collaborate with business development, marketing, client success, and product teams to understand market positioning, competition, capabilities, client drivers, and solution components
- Oversee final document review, assembly, and production – including printing, binding, packaging, and shipping – ensuring compliance with proposal specifications
- Manage multiple projects relating to Proposals, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and related items
- Provide support for transitioning content from a proposal into a sales presentation
- Assist with content development for other business development, marketing, and client requests
- Manage procurement administrative information and processes such as subscriptions to RFP notification services, online procurement sites, buy board details, cooperative purchasing and contracting, etc.
- Degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Business Management, or comparable working experience
- 4+ years of proven success and experience in competitive proposal writing and development
- Independent work ethic with the ability to be successful in a virtual environment
- Excellent writing skills, with a solid ability to summarize content tailored, compelling, and persuasive
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail/consistency and deadline-driven
- Superior project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with subject matter experts and participants from across the company
- Experience in the higher education marketplace or K-12, preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Jessie Kester at (515) 225-7000 or email Jessie at firstname.lastname@example.org.