Are you an IT professional looking to expand your career? This may be the opportunity for you! Palmer Group has partnered with this established client to fill the Security Engineer position. In this contract-to-hire role, you will play an integral role in protecting the organization’s critical information, building solutions, and assisting in the overall development of their IT security process. If this interests you and you meet the requirements below, apply today!
- Carry out routine system audits
- Create procedures and processes to address any vulnerabilities that were uncovered during scans and audits
- Train and act as a mentor to other engineers within the company on best processes regarding security practices
- Assess pre-existing security systems and provide technical insight to IT Support Staff
- Implement and arrange system automation to improve the efficiency of security processes
- Guarantee the highest level of infrastructure and systems availability
- Preserve infrastructure security requirements, such as servers, desktop and laptop computers, switches, data centers, routers, firewalls, printers, phone systems, VPNs, security equipment, scanners, backup systems, and other physical hardware and software
- Stay aware of known issues and investigate possible solutions
- Execute Patch management duties, such as knowledge of available patches, documenting processes, conducting testing after installation, and ensuring that patches have been installed properly
- Develop and carryout security architecture with awareness of the best practice
- Hold a general proficiency in security standards
- Create suggestions and proposals for services provided by the company, software, and security equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a similar field is preferred
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Certifications in Windows Client, Windows Server, Cisco CCNA, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySA+, or CompTIA CASP+ is preferable
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Tamara Hawkins at (515) 225-7000 or email her at email@example.com.
Palmer Group offers our valued temporary and contract employees, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance on the 1st of the month after 60 days of employment. These plans are fully compliant with the Affordable Care Act standards. Click here for a complete list of Palmer Group’s benefits, or contact your Palmer Group representative to learn more.