Looking for a dynamic and exciting role to take your accounting experience to the next level? Look no further, our well-regarded agricultural client is in search of a Senior Accountant to join their team. This role will be key in the monthly close, investment funds, and many other accounting and finance functions. Apply today if this opportunity interests you!
- Perform accounting functions to manage a consistent and punctual monthly close of the domestic funds
- Ensure the financial statements that are delivered to investors are correct and complete
- Provide assistance with the daily accounting functions and closing books for domestic funds
- Participate in the finance and construction accounting process for our asset-based funds for both pork funds and farmland funds
- Work with portfolio companies to ensure a thorough understanding of their activities and how those are reflected in their financial statements
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and effectively operating at both Summit and the portfolio companies
- Assist with annual audits with third-party service providers ensuring reports are free of errors or misstatements
- Manage service providers to ensure reports are distributed within timing requirements per the governance documents
- Work with the Summit team to meet our tax deadlines
- Prepare information to provide tax estimates across all of our funds for the investor group
- 3-7 years of accounting experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central ERP is a plus
- Agricultural background is a plus
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.