Are you an established accounting professional looking to take the next step in your career? Palmer Group has the opportunity for you! We have partnered with this tenured ESOP client to fill their Senior Cost Accountant position. In this role, you will be responsible for forecasting and analyzing overhead costs, labor, and material. You will work collaboratively with the senior management team to spearhead company expansion into the future.
- Examine input costs to determine pricing and a more standardized quoting process for our highly curated manufacturing department
- Assess expenses and overhead relating to repair and manufacturing to assist in making decisions regarding profitability
- Construct reports and forecasts to assist management team for more in educated decisions about capital expenditures and projections
- Assemble internal budgets and monitor actual results against budget
- Ensure all costing is up to date, correct, and finalized
- Verify estimated costs against actuals
- 4+ years of previous accounting experience, ideally in the manufacturing field
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Business or Finance – CPA or CMA is bonus
- Understanding of cost accounting methodologies
- Ability to data and be able to clearly articulate opportunities for improvement and/or risk areas
- Solid interpersonal and analytical skills combined with sound professional judgement
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.
3737 Woodland Ave, Suite 200, West Des Moines, IA 50266