Palmer Group has teamed up with a growing area company to fill their immediate need for an experienced and well-rounded Senior Design Engineer. This position will be responsible for conducting research for new product development which will then be used to create product prototypes. The Senior Design Engineer will also design manufacturing processes and procedures with cost-effectiveness and quality at the forefront. Highly qualified candidates should be equipped with proven experience in product development from inception to completion.
- Design and detail purchased components, weldments, machining, and assembly prints using CAD software
- Lead designs from initial concept through the prototype phase and into production
- Analyze production issues and create solutions
- Create and maintain bill of materials (BOM)
- Coordinate with service personnel to determine root causes of component failures
- Work with other team members in a cross-functional team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or agricultural engineering
- 3+ years experience working in design engineering
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems and serviceability of parts
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Mike Nelson at (515) 225-7000 or email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael (Mike) Nelson