Our international client is looking for a Senior Software/Firmware Engineer to join their Research and Development team to assist with the design and development of a variety of lighting-related communication and control products. A successful candidate will have experience in coding, design, and assembly, and be able to mentor and coach less experienced engineers. If you meet these qualifications, let’s start a conversation about your potential next career!
- Develop and write specifications for new software and firmware products and systems
- Collaborate with peers, test engineers, and hardware developers on the design and code reviews to ensure the design meets functional requirements
- Lead the efforts for installation and testing products at Beta Sites (may require travel)
- Select new component families, communication methods, protocols, and hardware interfaces
- Mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Support project managers and warranty and field service departments with product issues as needed
- BS Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an R&D role performing software/firmware development, testing, and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of C programming and C++ programming using object-oriented design
- Basic understanding of hardware concepts and development activities
- Ability to use common test and measurement equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, etc. is strongly preferred
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Andrew Steenblock at (515) 225-7000 or email Andrew at email@example.com.