Palmer Group has partnered with this established Information Technology client to fill the Support Tech/Level 3 position. In this role, you will be responsible for answering customer calls, email and web portal requests, creating incident tickets, infrastructure monitoring, and monitoring cloud products. The Support Tech will also schedule the maintenance, repair, and implementation of products used at customer sites. If this position interests you and meets the qualifications listed below, apply today!
- Provide intermediate triage of Level 1 and some level 2 troubleshooting
- Provide support to the Customer Center by assisting with incoming calls
- Oversee the completion of the moderate task to assure compliance and standards during the implementation of the resolution process
- Create, monitor, and identify opportunities to improve efficiencies within the process, procedures, and controls which will enhance quality, service, and deliverables
- Communicate continuously and consistently regarding the status of moderate actions, issues, and resolutions to the customer, sales consultants, and CST management
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintain a professional demeanor when conducting business with other employees and customers
- Oversee all severity levels of incident tickets and reports to appropriate customers, peers, sales, and CST management.
- Grasp moderate operational processes and be able to perform analysis to ensure proper metrics are met
- Supply level 1 and some level 2 support for all infrastructure components and applications hosted at our customer’s sites, ensuring all systems are managed and that all support services are meeting defined business operational level agreements
- Execute and maintain audit and security compliance standards to avoid any customer risks of system outages and/or the compromise of business or personal data
- Convey ideas and information effectively via verbal and/or written communication to a diverse audience
- Carry out Bench setups and configuration steps on Desktops and Laptops.
- Supervise assigned incidents and changes to the environment, tracks compliance with service management OLA’s
- Oversee ticketing queues for regular updates daily
- Manage strict compliance with CST standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide escalation of severity 1 (Down Servers) issues to the primary engineer, sales consultant, and CST management promptly and appropriately.
- Identify individual training opportunities and works to enhance own troubleshooting level 1 and some level 2 techniques for Break/Fix
- Comprehend moderate analyzes and integrates moderate research resolution techniques into the solutions for resolution
- Provide regular updates on the status of the ticket daily
- Assist supervisor in reviewing incidents, changes, and requests, making recommendations on trends such as excessive aging or incomplete troubleshooting of tickets
- Answer customer requests and incidents promptly and professionally, being the first escalation point for users and colleagues
- Maintain a reliable and adaptable approach to customer’s situations
- Guarantee ownership of the situation is demonstrated to instill confidence in customers
- Take part in training seminars, conferences, and trade shows as well as networking opportunities with peers in other firms to broaden knowledge of current and future Support Center issues and technologies
- Provide upkeep of inventories of asset tags, hardware, software, certificates, firewalls, network switches, wireless APs, desktops, laptops, servers, storage, backups, and other equipment within ConnectWise
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in a technical infrastructure operations/support center environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Proficient knowledge of network (LAN, WAN) switches, desktops, server, and backup technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot intermediate incidents and escalate appropriately
- Proficient leadership abilities and team management skills
- Proficient process development and service delivery principles
- Direct experience supporting multi-platform infrastructure environments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of ticketing systems and monitoring software packages
- Proficient knowledge of backup technologies
- Previous experience with Change Control Process and Procedures
- Prior experience with Incident Reporting and Ticketing
- Ability to manage customer complex IT environments
- Proficient project management skills
- Experience with 3rd party application support
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Tamara Hawkins at (515) 225-7000 or email her at email@example.com.