Are you looking to join a reputable company that is looking for a Tax Manager? This individual is responsible for corporate income taxes including quarterly and year-end tax provisions, tax returns, and related work papers. If you are interested in this position, apply today!
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of company’s tax returns in coordination with external advisors
- Partner with Accounting, IT, Investments, and other departments on the implementation of the company’s new general ledger and investment accounting system
- Assist in the development, feasibility modeling, and implementation of the company global tax strategy
- Minimize tax liability through an informed application of tax laws and regulations permitting alternate treatment of taxable items
- Advise leadership on strategies for minimizing the organization’s tax liabilities
- Prepare tax planning reports and estimate the organization’s tax obligations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related fields
- 7+ years of related experience in the life insurance industry; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Extensive experience working with an understanding of the tax code
- Prior statutory accounting experience preferred
- Technical and operational knowledge of applicable federal and state tax laws for the life insurance industry
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and external advisors
- Experience with tax operations and ability to drive process improvement
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Palmer Group at (515) 225-7000 or email email@example.com.