Palmer Group is partnering with our client to search for a Technical Quoter. This role will prepare a cost estimate for customers and ensure all quotes meet company standards and industry codes. A strong candidate for this position will have a technical degree and at least two years of experience in a similar role. If the following lists meet your qualifications and goals, apply today!
- Determine cost estimates for necessary items to complete customer through researching and creating a Bill of Material, providing project proposals, and estimating change order costs
- Collaborate with engineering, sales, and production departments to estimate lead times and costs for the customer
- Utilize Salesforce to prepare and create pricing projections
- Ensure project requirements/proposals match predetermined contract documents and meet customer expectations
- Ensure all applicable codes, including OSHA, NEC, UL508, UL891, and UL1558, are met by prepared quotes
- Develop, update, and track cost standards for labor and material
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong business and customer service experience
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of electrical engineering terms
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Matthew Moore at (319) 449-1200 or email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.