Palmer Group has an exciting opportunity for you in the mortgage and banking space! We have joined forces with this established client to fill the Traveling Courthouse Researcher position. In this role, you will travel all over Iowa to perform research and gather documents from public records. If this opening interests you, apply today!
This individual may sit in Des Moines, Sioux City, or Orange City.
- Travel across all 99 Iowa counties to research and acquire documents from public records
- Prepare run sheets by utilizing online search engines as resources
- Understand how to follow a chain of title to identify gaps in the records that need to be investigated at the courthouse
- Demonstrate an understanding of the documentation filed in land records and determine whether certain documents are relevant to include
- Pull probates and/or dissolutions to divorce files
- Investigate and gather documents from public records located at various courthouses using run sheets prepared beforehand
- 5-10 years of search experience
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully multitask between programs
- Developed legal knowledge
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of Title docs and what docs are relevant
- Knowledge of what to look for on the run sheet that they need to gather from the courthouses
- Monday – Friday
- 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Emily Bredthauer at (515) 225-7000, or email Emily at email@example.com.